Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ready for a New Home


Maryelle and Martin, originally uploaded by Flying Time Designs.

I promise– I'm not turning into a weather blogger, …but, the weather this weekend was so gorgeous I have to mention it. 60º with a gentle breeze. We threw open the windows, lit the grill, walked some dogs, and even did some spring cleaning. It felt sooooo good.

Martin and Maryelle, the birds in the picture are now in my etsy store and looking for a new home. So is Antonio, the dog in the picture below. He's one of the dogs from the Humane Society that we walked this weekend. My daughter is required to do 20 hours of community service for her political science class, so she's been volunteering for the Humane Society and she's gotten the rest of us involved too. What a great way to get some exercise!

I feel like I've got a new home since I recently painted my living room and kitchen. Last weekend I found the "Fall" posters, that are hanging above the couch, at my favorite junk store and I got them framed and hung yesterday. I'm really happy with the way they look . They seem to pull everything together. After 8 years of struggling to figure out what to do with my living room, I finally feel like it looks "right".


No comments: