Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Friendly Book & Focus

The Friendly Book was one of my favorite books when I was a kid . Basically it's just a nice little rhyming story about someone who likes pretty much everything. Here's a snippet:

I LIKE DOGS
Big dogs
Little dogs
Fat dogs
Doggy dogs
Old dogs
Puppy dogs
I like dogs
A dog that is barking over the hill
A dog this is dreaming very still
A dog that is running wherever he will
I like dogs.

So the book just goes on and on like this about different things the narrator likes.

I've come to the conclusion that this book may be to blame for all of my adult woes! This narrator and I seem to share some sort of strange disorder. We like pretty much everything and can't seem focus on anything in paticular. If I were feeling a bit more sharp witted tonight I'd write some clever rhyme… I LIKE CRAFTS, every kind of craft, needle crafts, kitchen crafts, crafts on a raft… oh brother!

My focus lately has been on baking and vintage kitchen things. I'm having so much fun sharing this over at Sugar and Meringue. I sort of feel like that might be my "thing". But I still love to craft and decorate. The ideas for projects just keep piling up in my head and I've had absolutely no time to get to them. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever craft again!

Oh well, it's silly to complain about all the things that I like doing. I may not write as many posts here, as I spend more of my time at Sugar and Meringue and focusing on the 3 things I like most…


3 comments:

Lori said...

i'm all over the place too...my home is a merry mish mash of all sorts of things that have not one thing in common save that i love them...thanks again for the three column tutorial link...i did it today, and i am "pretty" happy with the results...it needs some tweaking, but it's ok for now:) thanks again for being so sweet and sharing the info with me:)

Secondhandrose said...

I think alot of us are like that. I am with crafts. I want to try everything and can't decide where my niche is! Come for a visit.
Karen

Anonymous said...

I love dogs. I love them small. I love them big. I love them soft. I love them fluffy. I love them all. :)