Sunday, July 01, 2007

I'll tell you where you can sew!


a place to create
Originally uploaded by Flying Time Designs
Inspired by the young, hip, alternative craft movement, my teenage daughters have shown a strong interest in sewing over the past year or two. Unfortunately, my sewing machine has always been shoved off to one side of my work table and buried under piles of stuff. Setting it up would require moving all my works in progress out of the way and cleaning up my huge workspace mess…until now!

I was listening to an interview with Amy Carol on the Craftsanity podcast when something she said about sewing/working while caring for her kids made me think I needed to find a place to set up the sewing machine so that the girls could get at it and sew whenever they wanted.

The solution was this eight foot table in the office. It was covered with CDs, papers, an old computer and printer and all kinds of junk. Pathetic, I know, but the office is always the last room to be cleaned around here. I already had the tablecloth and all the accessories. The only thing I bought was the shoe organizer.

I'm so happy with the way it turned out, I might do a little bit of sewing myself. My daughter found some really cute handbag ideas at U Handbag. Anyway, from now on, the office will not be the last room I clean.

No comments: